A group of entities from different sectors along with the Portuguese State have joined efforts to develop a number of initiatives to allow the greatest number of Portuguese to benefit from full digital citizenship.
Lisbon, May 15, 2017 - The Movement for Active Digital Use - MUDA is a national initiative promoted by several companies, universities, associations, and the Portuguese State, which have pledged to encourage the Portuguese people to exhibit a greater participation in the digital space. This group is committed to both reduce the number of people who have never accessed the internet and to increase the number of users with more sophisticated skills.
This Movement will be expressed through numerous initiatives, based on nine pillars, identified as strategic areas of action - Digital Access, Digital Commerce, Digital Communication, Digital Literacy, Digital Etiquette, Digital Legislation, Digital Freedom, Digital Health, and Digital Safety.
Through the official website www.muda.pt, the Movement will provide a wide range of didactic and user support content, with particular emphasis on the Quizz MUDA, which will help you measure your digital knowledge and ultimately guide you through improvement suggestions.
In order to increase the knowledge of Portuguese citizens about the advantages of digital use in their day-to-day life, an advertising campaign will be carried out that will communicate the presence of MUDA in different media such as TV, Radio, Press and Outdoors but also on Websites and Social Networks. In parallel, there will be a national roadshow that aims to be closer to the citizen through digital experiences designed for both savvy and non-internet users.
The official MUDA launch ceremony was held today at 3:00 p.m. and accounted among its attendees Dr. Luís Ferreira Lopes, Advisor to the Presidency of the Republic for the area of Business and Innovation.
This moment was followed by an address from Dr. Alexandre Nilo Fonseca, Executive Director of MUDA, under the theme "Active Digital Citizenship in Portugal," which shared the Movement's strategic vision and activities plan, as well as some relevant data on digital adoption worldwide and in Portugal and its resulting impact on society and economy.
Finally, the official inauguration moment of the Movement took place with the presence of the presidents of all the partner entities:
- Dr. Fernando Ulrich, Presidente do BPI
- Eng.o Licínio Pina, Presidente do Conselho de Administração Executivo do Crédito
- Dra. Luísa Gueifão, Presidente do Conselho Diretivo da DNS.PT
- Dr. António Mexia, Presidente do Conselho de Administração Executivo da EDP
- Dr. Jorge Magalhães Correia, Presidente do Conselho de Administração e CEO da
- Dr. Bernardo Correia, Country Manager da Google Portugal
- Eng.o Paulo Neves, Chairman e CEO da MEO
- Eng.o Paula Panarra, Diretora-Geral da Microsoft Portugal
- Dr. Nuno Amado, CEO do Millennium BCP
- Eng.o Miguel Almeida, Presidente Executivo da NOS
- Dr. António Vieira Monteiro, Presidente da Comissão Executiva do Santander Totta
- Dr. Mário Vaz, CEO da Vodafone Portugal
Between this and other news, TODAY EVERYTHING CHANGES!