According to Google, 54% of smartphone users report that their mobiles reduce stress/anxiety in their lives. Google researchers identified five "mind states" that cause users to reach out to their mobile phones:
- A Spark: A trigger causes something to pop into people's head that results in them searching for information on that something. This triggered topic can be anything from services and products to experiences.
- Urgent Need: The individual turns to their phones to find directions, food, clothing etc... quickly.
- In-Store Assistance: Shoppers use their phones inside a store to find coupons, prices, reviews or general information on the products they are looking at. Although many businesses worry about showrooming (shoppers using their phones to look for better prices while in a store) - focus instead on finding a way to leverage the opportunities mobiles provide your customers.
- Micro-Productivity: People can now use their mobile phones to take care of tasks during times where they used to be idle (in a taxi, or waiting room).
- Planning Ahead: The mobile phone is enabling people to plan everything and anything in advance (experiences, meals, hotels, car rentals).
Find the mind states or micro moments that send your customer reaching for their phones and match your mobile experience to them. Doing so will help your company become more receptive to your customers and their needs.
Click here to read the full article.